Our bodies are simply a vehicle for spiritual growth and healing but we must treat them like the temple that they are. What I mean by this is that I believe , our spiritual beings having a human experience. First, and foremost, you cannot take care of anyone properly, or show up as the best version of yourself, if you don’t take care of yourself first!
Look at your body ...without that, everything else is out the door! If there is vitality, energy and strength, it is going to show up in your relationships, it’s going to show up in your business, it’s going to show up in your life. It is something you need to master - it is WAY TOO IMPORTANT NOT TO!!
Your health and well being should be your biggest priority when it comes to trying to become the best you that you can be! You have to feel good on the inside so you can be centered, grounded and feel at peace with yourself so that you cannot be knocked off balance when storms and chaos strike, or the everyday curveball is thrown your way. Most of where we spend our time does not make people feel fulfilled and that is why the average person is not fit and healthy. The average person is not in a passionate or fulfilling relationship.
To me, there is nothing more important to ensure success than feeling great, physically, emotionally and mentally. It is much more challenging to achieve a goal and pursue your dreams when you are not operating at the highest level. If your car is running on empty, for example, it is a lot harder to reach your destination, if you know what i mean :)
I would like to throw in a few things that I believe are the non-negotiables in being healthy, trying to lose weight, feeling your best and operating on all cylinders:
1. HYDRATE - We have to drink more water!! Our bodies are made up of water and nine out of ten times when we are hungry or craving sugar, it’s because we are dehydrated. Our brain does not differentiate between hunger & thirst and when i work with clients who are trying to lose weight or get healthier, I always start with water intake! Drink at least 2-3 liters of water per day (half your body weight at the VERY MINIMUM) and get 7-8hours of sleep each and every night. To be at your highest performance level you must have adequate rest and be hydrated.
2. WAKE UP EARLIER - Use this time for you!! Read a book, meditate, exercise (all of the above, as in my case)..but it is your private time to pursue what is on your heart. It is NEVER a question of time, it is a question of how we CHOOSE TO SPEND the time we have...so if you prioritize carving time out of your schedule for you and what’s important, you will show up for the rest of your day energized and empowered! I guarantee it, so I DARE YOU TO DO IT for 2 weeks CONSISTENTLY, and prove me wrong!! I know for a fact that you will feel better, have more energy and be able to tackle all the things you have thrown at you!
3. MOVE!!! EVERY DAY - Walk, swim , yoga, whatever it is, but studies show the highest performers all work out (exercise and move in some way) at the minimum 5 days per week because they know their health and well being is THE MOST IMPORTANT thing and they are in control of that. Energy creates more energy and they are well aware of that fact. You want to make sure that your body is ready to act on the vision and dreams that you have for your life!
4. FUEL YOUR FIRE - Eat right!! Make wise choices...fruits, veggies, healthy fats, nuts and seeds, high quality protein, etc. The key to healthy eating is moderation and managing what you eat every day. Just like gas to a car, your body needs the best nutrition so it can function at its highest. One of the toughest things about eating right and exercising is that the immediate payoff seems so incremental and small. The key to success in this area is consistency. Be consistent EVERY SINGLE DAY! Celebrate the small wins or improvements. Maybe it is that you are not as sore as you were the last time, maybe you were able to run a little farther without getting winded, maybe you were able to lift 5-10 pounds more or kick out more reps. Whatever it may be, give yourself credit for the small improvements because it means that you are getting better!!
5. PRACTICE GRATITUDE - Practice being grateful each and every day! Focus on all the blessings in your life and all that you have. Don’t focus on what you don’t have. The one thing you can control today are your thoughts and actions, so always be grateful for all you have and the lessons that can be learned from mistakes made, etc. Choose to appreciate where you are, how far you have come, and believe in how much more you can do and be!!
6. LEARN TO LOVE YOU!!! - Love yourself, your body and the way you look! Be proud of who you are and what makes you unique! Paying attention, appreciating and enhancing your hair, skin and smile does not mean that you are vain. This is all part of creating healthy habits that lay a foundation for a lifetime of health. By learning how to know your body as it changes and matures and seeing how your body is changing (NOT DIMINISHING But Transforming!) over time, you will learn to take better care of yourself. Making your body beautiful is not about searching for a fountain of youth. It is about being healthy, and loving yourself, for your whole entire life. You only have one, so ROCK THIS LIFE NOW!!!!